Monday, May 02, 2011

'Tis But a Scratch

I have a wicked looking scratch down the side of my forehead right now, this angry red line from my hair to my eyebrow. I would love to be able to claim this injury came from some activity either manly or outdoorsy or both. "Oh, some accident the other night with a drill..." Or "I picked it up while free climbing a rock wall after the freak snow on Friday."

Or I could go the tender, loving route if only I had a pet or baby to blame it on. "Oh, the cat clawed me while we were playing." Or, "I was giving eskimo kisses when she reached up with talon-like fingernails and clawed my face."

Sadly, the truth is just lame. I was trying on a shirt at the store, and this mean-spirited tag on the inside gave me an embarrassingly dumb paper cut on my face.

I did not buy the shirt.

5 comments:

Major Rakal said...

Ouch. I've always found tags inside shirts to be annoying, but I never had one attack me like that.

You'll just have to acquire a cat so you'll have a scapegoat next time.

Jason said...

Reminds me of the time I cut myself on a Player's Handbook. Seriously.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you didn't buy the shirt! I can believe you didn't WANT to buy the shirt, what with it attacking you and all... I can't believe they didn't MAKE you buy the shirt, what with it coated in your blood and all...

Sangediver said...

Probably a good call, no one needs a demon possessed shirt in their closet.

Of course on the other hand, Snarky is right. It's tasted your blood, and soon someone ELSE will own it. Thus the first person that demon possessed (though sharply dressed) person will come after is you. Maybe it would have been better to buy it, then immediately burn it.

I guess we'll have to see. Best of luck. Can I have your TV?

Sangediver said...

Also, it does remind me of baptizing a lightsaber in my blood. So, can't say too much.

Side note: The captcha word is "armor" ;)