Saturday, May 28, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 19

Day 19: A song from your favorite album.

First, I have to determine what my favorite album is -- a question nearly as difficult as the hopelessly vague "favorite song" entry that started this Challenge.

I'd consider the musical Chess as a favorite, except that so many recordings of it have been released that I couldn't possibly designate one as a favorite. (Though I could go through it song by song and identify which album has my favorite version of that song.)

Sting's album Ten Summoner's Tales is pretty damn good. And I especially like the bizarre time signature of "Seven Days." But then, after trashing Sting's song writing in an earlier Challenge entry, I can't really dub one of his albums my favorite now.

But really, those would be second choices anyway. I'm pretty sure my favorite album is the major label debut of Barenaked Ladies, Gordon. There's not a bad song on the album, and only a couple that I wouldn't call "5-star songs." In fact, it's hard to pick just one song to highlight here. But I'll settle on "What a Good Boy."



Just a beautiful song.

No comments: