Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 25

Day 25: A song that makes you laugh.

There are a lot of "comedy" artists I enjoy, so when I was considering this category, it was tough to know where to begin. "Weird Al" Yankovic? Tom Lehrer? Jonathan Coulton? (That last artist was a particularly tempting choice; his "Skullcrusher Mountain" still makes me grin, and gets played most times I host a Rock Band night.)

But then a single, clear choice came over the horizon -- the song that literally does make me laugh every time I hear it, and probably will continue to do so for many times to come...



That's "Let's Go to the Mall," by Robin Sparkles (aka Robin Scherbatsky, aka Cobie Smulders), as presented in the what to this day remains the funniest episode of How I Met Your Mother ever, "Slapbet." I don't think you need to have seen that episode (or the show, for that matter) to laugh at this song. But if you have, then you know how "holy crap, that's funny!" this was.

No comments: