Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 24

Day 24: A song that you want to play at your funeral.

I believe that while a funeral may be about the departed, it is for those left behind. I've never laid out any plans for my funeral. Of course, this is in large part because at my age (for good or ill), most people just aren't thinking about their funerals. But I think it's also partly because I'm not sure I feel right trying to dictate very much from beyond the grave. If those I leave behind want to make me into frisbees, that's up to them. If they don't? I'm not around to complain.

But I suppose the one thing I do hope for is that there are some moments of levity and joy at my funeral. I think I've led a pretty fun life, overall. I hope that would be acknowledged after my death. So I think I'm going to pick for my funeral song "Twist and Shout" by The Beatles. No message; just fun. And if it makes you think of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, that's fine with me:



If I'm forced to try and say something profound with my selection, then I pick "Baby Seat" by Barenaked Ladies. (But I can't even find a decent version of it on YouTube, so see? I'm sticking with "just fun.")

No comments: