Monday, April 16, 2007

Drive Shaft

Just a quick update to say that tonight's third hour of Drive completely hooked me. Lots of solid character elements clicked into place, giving the series that list bit of juice it didn't quite have in last night's premiere. The biggest and most interesting revelation was that Nathan Fillion's character Tully has a secret evil badass lurking inside him, details to be fleshed out later.

Of course, now that I'm committed, the bad news must come. The ratings from last night's premiere were awful, and fell every half hour through the two-hour broadcast. There hasn't been any sort of press release about it yet, but there doesn't need to be to see the writing on this wall.

At this point, I've already lost any hope this show will make it, even as I've decided I really like it. At this point, I'm just hoping for a loaded up DVD release -- maybe in time for Christmas.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Note to self: Don't ever get hooked on any show Nathan Fillion's in. Even Buffy went off the air after he was in it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, you called it.
http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/04/25/fox-cancels-drive/

DrHeimlich said...

I'd much rather have been wrong on this one.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Firefly/Wonderfalls level cancellation tragedy. But I think it was a good show with potential.

FOX sucks.