Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Arrival

Today, I became an uncle. My sister and her husband welcomed a baby girl into the family -- ever so considerately doing so exactly one month before my own birthday, so it'll be really easy to remember when to make ready for parties in years to come.

It was a little tough on my sister, though. I've been getting updates from my mother all day, and things seem to be alright now, though she wasn't really up to a mob of visitors. So I'm shy a few of the particular details people tend to share on these occasions (weight, time, so forth), and I have yet to meet my niece myself.

But the main point: cause for celebration. Congratulations to my sister and brother-and-law!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And congratulations to you on a job well done!
(Well, yeah, whatever.)

FKL :)

Anonymous said...

It makes me laugh that her immediate family constitutes a "mob". ;)

Sangediver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sangediver said...

Congrats! Now all you have to do is try to minimize the impact of Marc's fathering ;)

Just kidding Marc..