Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pick Up the Pace

These awards are hanging on the wall of my local KFC:


I'm not sure what's going on here. There's really not any information on what it is to be in the "President's Pace-Setters Club." What are the criteria? How good is it? What am I as a customer supposed to take away when I see these on the wall?

I'll tell you what I take away -- confusion. Because even though I don't know what we're measuring, 65.17% of it doesn't sound like a very impressive number to me. Only if you're comparing it to batting in baseball, which (paraphrasing Stephen Colbert) has got to be the only profession where a 35% job performance rating is considered really incredible.

And even if 65.17% of whatever makes you a Pace-Setter really is good, then what happened between 2005 and 2006? Because the plaque on the right is a paltry 25.38%. Even if 65.17% really is phenomenal, the one on the right seems like a sad joke.

So what the hell are we measuring here?

1 comment:

GiromiDe said...

This is as bad as those half-conversations that drive Lewis Black insane.

As a long-time budding graphic arts nerd, I'm more compelled to compare and contrast the two KFC logos. I find the former one less busy and more appealing, even if "KFC" are much smaller.