Sunday, February 10, 2008

Things You Never Knew About St. Cloud

What can I say... winning is more fun than losing.

This weekend was the annual KVSC trivia contest out of St. Cloud, Minnesota, and as I have done before, I played remotely for Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women. We placed 5th this year, and though you'd say out of 78 teams that that's not bad, it wasn't really so great for us.

I don't know whether "feeling" fairly early on that we were going to lose took some of the wind out of my sails, but for whatever reason, I didn't enjoy myself as much this time around. The questions seemed a lot harder, and there weren't as many that were as memorable as years past, or that led to particularly fun discoveries on odd corners of the internet. (Though one question did send me scrambling to play a particular song on Guitar Hero for an answer at 1:00 in the morning.)

The company was good, in any case.

1 comment:

Jason said...

And I bet your playing Guitar Hero sounded better than what they were playing on the radio at that time.

The questions did seem harder, and it seemed like there were more than usual tied to St. Cloud or local Minnesota junk that we had virtually no chance of finding. We were actually doing pretty well (1st or 2nd place) when I went to bed at 6 am Saturday morning but by the time I checked back 6 hours later, we were down to 6th. We got as close as about 400 points out but then went through another bad stretch when we couldn't get any big questions, and that's what doomed us.