Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yo-Yo Man

I came across this online news story about a guy with an extreme talent for yo-yo tricks.

It first hooked my interest because I used to yo-yo myself a long time ago, and could probably still pull off most of the "intermediate tricks" if pressed.

It really grabbed me when I watched the video clip and saw the crazy stuff this guy was doing.

But what really sealed the deal for me, and what made it a thing I felt I must mention here, is what the guy said in the video. It's a very unnerving little minute-and-a-half of extreme introspection from a guy with a really geeky interest.

Ultimately not unlike the various geeky interests I have. And that I suspect you have too.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

Well said, Guy Wright, yo-yo onward, brother geek. Is it me or does that yo-yo make a weird whistling noise? A little creepy.

Anonymous said...

even when I'm typing this I'm thinking about yo yo.

I was certainly impressed with his mad yo yo skillz (with a "z"!) for whatever that's worth...

the mole

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aLFIJCXYy0&feature=related