Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm Loathin' It

Our team won the weekly bar trivia tonight, but it was no thanks to our dismal performance on the final question. We answered only one of the four parts correctly. Try your luck.

Put these four items from McDonald's in order by the year they were first introduced:

Happy Meal
Chicken McNuggets
Filet-O-Fish
Quarter Pounder

Answers inside the comments, as per usual. I can tell you these all harken back to the days when McDonald's "food" always came in those styrofoam boxes... blue for the Filet-O-Fish, for example. Then there was the "deluxe double-wide trailer" of McDonald's food in styrofoam: the McD.L.T. Some crap about keeping the hot side hot and the cold side cold, foisted on the public like some bizarre Thermos for your hamburger. Hot Cakes still come in styrofoam, of course.

Man, it's just sad I know all this stuff about McDonald's. Sadder still that even all this useless knowledge was only good enough to get one out of four answers correct.

9 comments:

DrHeimlich said...

In the order they were introduced:

1) Filet-O-Fish
2) Quarter Pounder*
3) Happy Meal
4) Chicken McNuggets

(* Yes, we all know what they call it in France.)

We had Chicken McNuggets down last. (Thank you, I Love the 80s!) But damn that wacky Filet-O-Fish, coming first! We had it third. Well, and we had the Happy Meal and the Quarter Pounder flipped too. Basically, we totally messed it up.

Good thing we had a nice lead going in.

I think now I deserve a break...

Shocho said...

Hmm. I got 2 and 3 switched, so I guess I'm battin' 500. I remember when the Quarter Pounder was new. I was at college, and a friend said, "Hey, McDonald's has a new hamburger."

Major Rakal said...

I had 1 and 2 reversed, but got the rest right.

ksnzzq

Kathy said...

I figured the Filet-O-Fish came first, since they introduced it primarily for people who don't eat meat on certain days for religious reasons. That seemed like a good reason for it to exist earlier rather than later.

I had the Happy Meal and the Royale with Cheese mixed up, though, just like Shocho.

GiromiDe said...

I flipped the Royale and Happy Meal. I know the McNuggets were last and guessed that a religiously-imperative food would have been first.

ripcqxo

DavĂ­d said...

I too reversed 1/4 lb and :) Meal.

Jono said...

i flipped 1 and 2... i remember when McNuggets first came out... it was about 1981 or 82 because they had a scratch-off game ticket where if you bought McNuggets you would get one and you could win an Atari video game system.

I liked the McDLT... the lettuce wasn't soggy from the heat of the burger.

Trundling Grunt said...

I got (1) and (4) but had no idea on the middle two and can't remember why I knew the ones I had correct. The boys told me, I suspect.

Anonymous said...

I worked at McDonalds for 5 years. yawn. I guess I haven't mental-blocked it all. let's not forget the McLean Deluxe, or they also had those Hot Dog Nuggets. we always liked those commercials for the McRib - chomp. dang. now I'm hungry :-)

the mole