Monday, October 17, 2005

Martin, In Brief

It's now only about three weeks until George R.R. Martin's new book, A Feast for Crows, finally hits stores. I've talked about this before, about how this book has been around five years in the making.

In a perfect world, I would be re-reading each of the first three volumes in the series, to catch back up with the story. The books are so excellently written, I wouldn't mind at all going back in. The trouble is, they're also ponderously long. I probably should have started weeks ago to have any chance of being ready in time. But I'm also not going to wait one more day than I have to before starting the next book. So what's a person to do?

Go here.

Some fan has handily provided synopses of every chapter of the volumes thus far, which should catch me up to speed in no time. You might be in the same boat I am, so I figured I'd share the wealth.

That said, if you haven't read the books before, do yourself a favor and go out and grab the first volume, A Game of Thrones. Simply amazing. And only twenty-one days to go before the story continues.

...unless you live in the UK, where you can go out to a bookstore and get it right now, today. Lucky bastards.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Thanks!

I'm trying to work my way through 3 again, but I'm never going to make it (especially with civ 4 coming).

ljznpnr