Saturday, October 15, 2005

Natural Wonders

Since last weekend, I've been encountering sick people everywhere I go. Friends over for game night -- some of them sick. People at work -- some of them sick. And then, Thursday morning, it set in on me.

I woke up with a sore throat. It sort of felt like I had a velcro-covered ping pong ball lodged at the top of my esophagus. But it wasn't really hurting to talk, eat, and what-not, so I counted myself lucky...

...until this morning. I'd give anything to have that mildly irritating sore throat back now. Today's menu has consisted of head congestion and non-stop nasal drainage. To give you some perspective, this box of Kleenex was virtually untouched as of yesterday:



So, as you can see, it's been a nasal Niagara Falls here today.

Stay healthy, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not alone. yesterday was pretty much a couch-day for me. same kind of symptoms. I watched more Enterprise episodes on DVD in one day than anybody should be allowed to (which is about 4 I think.) the best one was listening to the commentary from the Borg episode as the writers tried to defend themselves from all of the lameness. I'm sure you have plenty of DVD's to keep you busy, too :-)

hope you feel better
-the mole

Brad said...

Get well - "If you don't have your health..."

bmugumgq

Trundling Grunt said...

If I catch a virus from this post I will be so pissed.

GiromiDe said...

The best part is post nasal drip. It's great when you have absolutely no control on the aftersnot.

Get well. Get well soon. We want you to get well.