Saturday, February 25, 2006

It Does a Body Good

I think possibly the only things weirder than the names of some bands are the dance clubs where the music gets played.

Just recently, two new clubs opened up in Denver. One of them has a name than pretty much makes sense: Shelter. But the other one is named Milk.

"Man, we went to Milk last night. It was awesome."

"The DJ at Milk is incredible."

"All the cool people are at Milk."

"Yeah, it's our six month anniversary. We met at Milk."

"You'll have so much fun at Denver's hottest new night club, the beat will come shooting out your nose!"

Not that this sort of thing affects me directly, really. As most of you readers surely know, I'm not remotely the type to go clubbin'. But these places are opening near my office, so I'm seeing their fliers in the front window, on lampposts around the area, and so forth. I couldn't help but notice.

1 comment:

DrHeimlich said...

Ah! "Me droogies are going down to Milk tonight," that sort of thing. I guess that makes at least SOME sense.