Wednesday, February 01, 2006

May Flowers... They Don't Just Bring Pilgrims

I know of three people whose birthday is tomorrow, February 2nd. I know quite a few more who have birthdays throughout the month. What the hell? February is, statistically speaking, the hardest "target" to hit all year long. But it seems to me to be loaded with births. And apparently, Groundhog Day is a particular magnet for it.

So I suppose the real question is, what's so special about the first week-or-so of May that is ultimately leading to this phenomenon?

7 comments:

Mkae said...

It's funny you should say that, but my brother's birthday was yesterday and my sister's birthday is tomorrow. There must be a party in early May. I'll ask my mom.

Anonymous said...

Yep, mine's coming up, too.
On the 14th, of all dates.
:)

Francis

TheGirard said...

School's out

Anonymous said...

That's the great thing about high school girls. Every year I get older and they stay the same age. (=

Anonymous said...

My dad's birthday is May 27th. My birthday is February 19th. I'm sure the two have a lot to do with each other. My sister's birthday is October 8th, so I figured she was part of a New Year's party.

Jono said...

I thought it was go ahead 3 months from the due date and then go back a week (towards the start of the year) to figure out approximately when the conception date was.

So for a February 2nd birthdate... it would be May 2nd - and then you go back to April 24th or so.

Maybe they're all Easter babies? You'd have to check the calendar for each year through...

Major Rakal said...

Hmm... well, it's nothing universal, but I think my birthdate (Feb 21) is just 9 months after my father's birthday. So possibly I'm the result of a birthday celebration.

I think there are 6 or 7 people in my small company with February birthdays.