Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Politics and Pastries

I saw a heavily-bestickered car on my drive into work this morning:


I think if you're really trying to make as strong a statement as "Axis of Greed - Cheney Bush Ashcroft," you seriously undercut your position by also putting a "Bagels suck... pastries rule" bumper sticker on your car. Do these two issues seriously hold equal weight in this driver's mind?

To say nothing of Tiny Town. Is it really a city-to-be-seen on the order of Munich?

Not that anyone in history has ever been persuaded to change their opinion by something they read on a bumper sticker, anyway.

2 comments:

Trundling Grunt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trundling Grunt said...

My favorite bumper sticker was one I saw at 5.30 am when I wasn't exactly compos mentis - Republicans for Voldemort. Took me a couple of minutes to see that it was a joke - it all made so much sense to me.