Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Digs

For those of you who have been following the ongoing saga of my search for a new place to live -- and perhaps wondering if I was actually going to be able to pull everything together on the rather tight timetable I have to get out of my current apartment -- here's the new update.

I've actually been farther along than I'd really let on before. I was just not wanting to "get my hopes up" or anything, in case something should fall through along the way. And while I suppose anything's still possible, I've cleared most of the major hurdles. I've found the place, reached an agreement and settled the contract, gone through the inspection with no major issues, and things seem on track for a close in two weeks.

And a quick move in right after that.

Things around current Chez Heimlich are slowly starting to get even more sparse than normal, with non-essentials already finding their way into boxes. I recently started digging through the storage closet on my apartment balcony, finding sealed boxes full of books I haven't missed since I first put them in there three years ago. Some of the boxes are in fact labeled with comments like "e-Bay" or "used book store" or such. So I'll be seeing just what I can get rid of here in the couple weeks I have.

Even if I don't, this is still going to be less of an effort than moving the last few friends I've helped out. Yikes.

6 comments:

Major Rakal said...

Cool! Welcome to the joys of owning your own home. Before you know it, you'll be choosing new paint colors and buying books on home improvement. Enjoy!

Roland Deschain said...

I've been informed by the good Dr. that purple is an amazing accent color. ;-)

And really, moving Chez Heimlich will be nothing - I say again - NOTHING compared to the unending and brutality filled hell of transporting the Lakewood House.

Although if you've got a room full of foam pieces hiding somewhere, I will be forced to kill you slowly. And nobody will hear it - because it will be done in a room filled with FOAM.

:-)

TMac said...

Congrats.

Unknown said...

Let me know if/when I can help.

I will add that the sheer AMOUNT may not be as much, but moving that TV of yours down 2 flights of stairs isn't going to be easy.

GiromiDe said...

Party at Evan's!

Sangediver said...

I call "Not It", for the move of the TV ;)