Monday, March 31, 2008

What a Jerk!

I don't often mention the show How I Met Your Mother here, even though it's one of my favorite shows these days. (Certainly, it's my favorite comedy on the air right now.)

Tonight warrants a special mention, however. The show has gone "meta" before. Barney has an in-character blog on CBS.com, updated regularly, and not-so-infrequently mentioned on the show. There was a "Slap Countdown" web site leading up to this season's Slapsgiving episode.

Now we have Ted Mosby is a Jerk.com. If you don't watch the show, I suppose you won't find this half as funny as I did. But if you do watch the show, then this web site is like getting an entire extra episode -- the 21 minute audio file that plays on the page is worth listening to every single second of.

But beware if you're listening to it with headphones. There are some pretty radical volume fluctuations...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I often watch TV with my laptop on my... uh... lap, so I always Google any website in any show. That almost always works, too!

But I didn't know about the audio file, lovely song.

What about the cryptic shot at the end of the show? Tease, tease!