Saturday, May 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

When you have a friend or family member come to visit the place you live, you really get the chance to actually look at the place you live. I suppose if you don't like your city/neighborhood/area, this could be a pretty miserable experience for you, but for me, it's been great.

For example, my friend and I went to Red Rocks Amphitheater yesterday, the place where a number of big bands have recorded concert albums. I hadn't been there in a couple years... actually, since the last time an out of town friend came to visit me here in Denver. But it made me appreciate how cool a place this is all over again.

I mean seriously, how neat is this?



The downtown skyline is even visible there in the background above the left side of the stage. Man, I love being back in Colorado.

2 comments:

Sangediver said...

Yep, Red Rocks is one of those awe inspiring things around Colorado. Nothing beats watching a decent band at sunset at Red Rocks.

Now if they'd only install escalators to get to the top!

Roland Deschain said...

Oh, come on now. After working there for a summer concert season, there is nothing funnier than watching the flatlanders taking 45 minutes to climb from the bottom of the staircase to the top of the amphitheatre.

Which is also why the paramedics tend to hang out around the midpoint of the place, if you've never noticed before... ;)