Friday, May 02, 2008

Miscellany

I was out and about tonight, so I'm afraid that once again, my weekly Battlestar Galactica review is going to be delayed a day. To hold you over, I'll leave you a warning and a thought.

The warning. If you go see Iron Man (my review will be coming in the next couple days), you must stay past the end credits to see the tacked-on scene. Well... unless you completely hate the movie and can't wait to leave, anyway. If you're a comic book fan, you'll be especially sorry if you miss it.

The thought. I'm hearing ads on the radio talking about all these big bashes for Cinco de Mayo on Monday. There seems to be a lot of kerfuffle in the U.S. right now about massive hordes of illegal Mexican immigrants pouring into the country. But hey, no problem hijacking their holiday as an excuse to drink alcohol! Come to think of it, there was quite the anti-Irish sentiment in our country some years ago, but St. Patrick's Day? Same thing.

No comments: