Thursday, April 07, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 2

Continuing on the "30 Day Song Challenge..."

Day 2: Your least favorite song.

That's a polite way of saying "a song you frakkin' hate." There was a clear leader here, "Visions" by Abnormality.



I generally don't like metal. Scream-o death metal I hate most of all. This song was included on the disc for Rock Band 2. While I swore to myself when I set out on this song challenge that I wasn't going to pick tons of songs I know from Rock Band, this category seemed an appropriate place for a Rock Band selection. After all, if you don't like a song, the solution is usually simple: don't listen to it.

The problem with this piece of crap is that you have to play the song -- more than once -- it order to progress through your career in Rock Band 2. Plus, it shows up in random set lists you play to. And it's as torturous to play as it is to listen to, a song included only for the gamers who love difficulty and hate their eardrums.

Bonus weird points: the growling lead "singer" of this "song" is actually a woman. Wrap your head around that one.

I had two other possible contenders, though even combined, they couldn't match my hatred for "Visions."

First is "Revolution 9," by The Beatles. This "song" was "written" by John Lennon. Seriously, what the hell is that?

Second would be "My Heart Will Go On," performed by Celine Dion. I actually have nothing against the song itself, and it certainly fits where it first appeared in the movie Titanic. What drives me nuts is that I've been to at least three weddings where this song was played at the reception. Come on, wedding DJs, listen to lyrics some time. Do you really think that an appropriate message for a wedding is: "even though you're dead now, I'll keep on loving you forever?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God.

I listened to just under 45 seconds of it, and I couldn't take the torture anymore.
I'm guilty of whatever you want. Just stop it!!

I'm no fan of death metal, but I do like some of the old-fashioned metal bands. I actually listen to Iron Maiden and Megadeth on a regular basis.

But this? Absolute junk.

FKL