Saturday, April 30, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 11

Day 11: A song from your favorite band.

My favorite band? Why, it's Barenaked Ladies! It must be; they're one of the few bands I've bothered to see in concert. And I'm still a fan even after the departure of vocalist Steven Page.

But how to pick just one song by them for the Song Challenge? I wanted something a little off the beaten path, which meant I ruled out their well-known radio hits. I thought about going with "Conventioneers" off their album Maroon, but it's a rather slow-paced song to trumpet as basically my top Barenaked Ladies song. So I decided to go with "A," off Maybe You Should Drive.

Of course, going with the "deeper cuts" means it's difficult to find a YouTube video of either song. Interestingly, there are scores of people doing covers of "Conventioneers" -- guess I'm not the only one who likes that song.

But you try searching for a song called "A" on YouTube.

No comments: