Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge -- Day 5

Another day, another entry in the "30 Day Song Challenge."

Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone.

I briefly considered if the "someone" here could be a fictional character. There are a lot of themes from film and television soundtracks that are instantly and inescapably linked with a particular character. Jack Bauer for the 24 theme. Dexter Morgan for the Dexter theme. Well... I could go on and on. I did, in fact, and couldn't really find a reason to distinguish one memorable theme over another.

So I decided to embrace the intended spirit of the question and come up with a song that reminds me of an actual person, "Love Shack" by the B-52s.



Many years ago, I met somebody at the wedding of some friends of mine. We had this rather intense connection that I believed at the time was just a sudden, solid friendship. Today, through the lens of time, and with a greater self-awareness, I now understand that it was totally a major crush.

Aaaaanyway, there was a great moment at the wedding reception, and this song was involved. And I think I've probably over-shared, so the story ends here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Oops -- that was me.

FKL