Sunday, November 06, 2005

Days of Our Lives

Soon I'll be in the market for a new page-a-day calendar.

They're always cheaper if you wait until the new year begins, of course. But at that point, you're left choosing from whatever crap is still in the store and didn't sell. And you have to see this thing every day for a whole year, so why cheat yourself just to save about $5? Hell, that's not even 2 cents a page!

I never do the same type of calendar two years in a row. This year has been George W. Bush quotes. That's been a load of laughs. The year before that was Dilbert. One year, I actually had three calendars, because I'd bought myself a Shakespeare quote calendar and received two others from friends as Christmas gifts. (Though The Onion "Our Dumb Century" and the space photos calendar were great, if excessive.)

What will it be in 2006?

3 comments:

GiromiDe said...

I have nothing to offer but the following anecdote.

I bought a Cubs day-to-day while a cubicle neighbor bought a Yankees one. Each day of the Yankees day-to-day had a piece of Yankee trivia. Maybe half of mine had Cubs trivia; the balance of the days concerned MLB trivia.

That's quite a tradition we have over here.

Anonymous said...

I'll suggest The Simpsons or South Park. calendars are always tricky, because you are stuck with them all year. one time we had a Star Wars page-a-day at work and many people regularly stopped by to check it out : )

-the mole

Mkae said...

I have to go with The Far Side. Even if I've seen the daily strip already, it always makes me laugh.