Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Bird-Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans reading this. (You foreigners can have some too... it's just that I know you have other days of the year for this sort of thing.)

It's a particularly noteworthy Thanksgiving for me this year, because it's my birthday. It happens about every five years, as my birthday skips through the week and eventually lands on Thursday. The last time it would have happened was 2000, so leap year spared it -- the last time I got turkey for birthday dinner was 1995.

And it's a particularly noteworthy birthday for me this year, too -- I'm turning 30. As per usual with birthdays, I don't feel any older as I begin this revolution around the sun than I did finishing the last one, despite the "roundness" of the number involved. 30 really isn't what it used to be. And as most of my friends are older than me and have already turned 30, I suppose I don't really need to tell anyone that.

Let's see what decade number four has in store...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo! happy birthday dude!
er.., and happy Thanksgiving, too!

the mole
(very clever topic title, BTW)

Trundling Grunt said...

Many happy returns of the day and decade.

Shocho said...

Congrats! On both counts! Keep those birthdays coming, they're really very good for you. :)

Jono said...

Happy 30th Birthday... hopefully you got to wash down the turkey with some free "adult" beverages... ;-)

Brad said...

Welcome to the thirty club - I'm sure your member ship card is in the mail...

GiromiDe said...

XXX rocks!

DavĂ­d said...

Hey, hope the big 3-0 turns out well for you!