Saturday, November 19, 2005

Winning Score

Ever since AFI released its "top 100 films" list a few years ago, they've been doing their best to follow it up semi-regularly with other "top" lists. They've done "thrills," "laughs," "quotes," and several others. Most recently, though, they've done top film scores.

I've always loved movie scores. My CD collection is about 40% soundtracks. This is a list that really speaks to me.

There was an actual top 25 scores list, but that was culled down from a complete list of 250 nominees that they've also made available. And it's a damn good list, I have to say. I agree with more of the entries on this list than on their actual, original "top 100 films" list. In fact, it's been a tempting reminder to me lately: "oh yeah, I don't have that soundtrack, but I really liked the music in that movie. I should go get it."

I don't know if AFI is getting any kind of cutback from soundtrack sales, but hey... good for them.

No comments: