Thursday, November 29, 2007

Black Knight

Maybe you've heard, maybe you haven't -- but a new version of Knight Rider is being made. It's actually just a two-hour TV movie for the moment, but with the possibility of a new series in mind.

This is all part of the Battlestar Galactica wave, I figure. "Remember that old super-campy TV show? Let's update it and do it seriously and gritty and realistic!" Worked great for Galactica. Sucked out loud for The Bionic Woman. We'll see what it means here.

But I will say this... the first pictures of the new K.I.T.T. car have been released, and in my opinion, the thing is damn fugly:


It's all built up and box-like and trying to be vaguely S.U.V.y when K.I.T.T. is supposed to be sleak and sporty. I say this as someone who really doesn't know much what I like in a car, but I know damn well what I don't like. Honda Elements, all Scions, the Pontiac Aztec, and now apparently this can be added to the list. It's a Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang.

And it's hideous.

9 comments:

TMac said...

You're dead to me :)

Roland Deschain said...

Ya know, I like Mustangs. My problem with this is that it doesn't look like KITT. What's in that picture looks like something any one of us could butcher a Mustang into in a weekend in our garage, not what a multi-million dollar secret agency could put together.

It looks like ass. I'm with you, Dr.

Anonymous said...

they did the same thing to Bumblebee in the Transformers movie. Ford threw a big pile of cash on him and turned him into a Mustang, too. :(

the mole

Brad said...

I think the Shelby Mustang is a thin of beauty. But it isn't KITT. of course it looks boxier because of the red sweeping lights in the hood. The hood of this KITT is what is modified and IMO, this ruins a perfectly fine Mustang.

At this point they should of gone with a Toyota Tundra as KITT.

Jason said...

C'mon, Trevor, even you have to admit that's an ugly Mustang. Now, if they painted your car black and added the whoosh-whoosh thing, that'd be fine.

GiromiDe said...

When I saw the re-imagined Batmobile, it made a lot of sense despite being nowhere close to as sleak as its predecessors. This new KITT is a hatchet job, regardless of the model.

DrHeimlich said...

Sorry Tmac,

I think older Mustang models look great. This one only looks like a Mustang to me from the base of the windshield back. The front part looks like an old-fashioned limousine or some crap.

TMac said...

Bumblebee was a 2009 Chevy Camaro not a Ford Mustang. Barricade was a Ford Mustang with the Ford/Mustang logos removed. GM paid a bunch of money, not Ford.

To be fair, a little, to Transformers people. They tried to get Volkswagon and Porsche to sponsor them but they didn't their products associated with a movie about war.

GiromiDe said...

You know what else Volkswagen doesn't want to be associated with? Quality products.