Thursday, November 15, 2007

When You Right, You're Right

I've mentioned recently in passing the I side 100% with the Writers in the current strike. (And it should surprise no one who knows me that I think creative people should be well compensated for the things they create.) I hate that I'm about to lose my favorite shows for who knows how long, but I'll accept them being gone for as long as it takes for the writers who make those shows great to get a fair deal.

Shocho recently linked to a video that very articulately presented the position of the WGA in this. Let me add to that by sharing this article from one of Entertainment Weekly's columnists that I also believe states clearly why the Producers and Studios are completely insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is like why Marvel owns Spider Man and Stan Lee is getting chumped out of the gazillions he deserves. that makes me mad every time I think about it. if the studios had their way, every writer would be getting chumped like that

maybe I watch too much TV anyway and could use a break...

the mole