Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Humor Day

So, I never got "fooled" today, but I did have a lot of laughs. This year, it seemed like lots of places were into humorous little stunts that were more about getting you to smile than actually tricking you. Such as... (and who knows how many of these links will actually work if you're not checking them out on April Fools' Day)...

The forthcoming four-necked Guitar Hero IV controller.

Every link on YouTube's front page Rickrolling you. (A web slang I confess I'd not heard of before today.)

The amazing trailer for a console game from Blizzard, The Molten Core.

Gmail's exciting new feature: Custom Time.

As I said, lots of laughs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The term "rickrolling" is based on the term "duckrolling." I'm sure that explains everything..

Roland Deschain said...

The other one from Google for their Australian customers:

gDay™ with MATE™

http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/gday/index.html

Although, I will admit that I would have used that "Custom Time" one a few times here and again... :P