Friday, October 24, 2008

Screwy Decimal System

Here's a short, weird article about how libraries are becoming "happening places." Two things about this struck me as funny.

1) The mention that people at the library can play Guitar Hero. This just seems so wrong to me. I mean, I know music education is ever on the decline in our school system, and I do think that sucks. But I don't think Guitar Hero offers that much in the way of music education, and call me old fashioned, but I do think of the library as a place primarily for learning.

2) This totally reminds me of Eddie Izzard's comedy routine (so many things do), in this case about how the banning of smoking from bars would soon lead to no drinking and no talking in bars. Next thing you know, the libraries would become the hot spots. (Puff on joint.) "I don't know where that book could be, man." Scary that that's so close to becoming true.

No comments: