Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sound FX Awards

And the award for "Best Use of TiVo Sound Effects in a Prime Time Television Series" goes to The Simpsons, for Sunday night's installment titled "Future-Drama." If you missed it... sorry, it's one of those things that's just not going to be funny if I try to explain it. Suffice to say, I'll never hear the "spook-a, spook-a" noise in quite the same way ever again.

It's worth noting that as hard as the joke make me laugh, it still paled in comparison to the brilliance of the season (series? gosh, I hope not!) finale of Arrested Development.

3 comments:

GiromiDe said...

I've shut off the sound effects on my TiVo. In fact, I shut off the sound effects to most of my devices. (Why do I want the film shutter sound on my digital camera?)

The TiVo interface on the future thingamabob was a nice touch. It reminded me of the Robot Planet episode of Futurama that used that used the Macintosh startup flourish as the robot war call.

I'll reserve my comments about Arrested Development for its own proper thread. No pressure, Doctor. :)

DrHeimlich said...

You turned off the TiVo sounds?! I think you're depriving yourself of a great pleasure that comes from skipping through commercials you know that the non-TiVo plebeians are forced to endure. The "spook-a, spook-a" is the sound of freedom, my friend!

GiromiDe said...

I realize the TiVo's sound effects are part of the "brand", but I found no purpose to them. I am that rare user of all things technological who wants his "experience" stripped down.