Monday, January 23, 2006

11:00AM - 12:00PM

By 24's standards, tonight was an almost sedate hour of television. It still had plenty of entertaining moments, it just wasn't up to the usual breakneck pace of 24. Speaking of those entertaining moments:

Think of all the precious seconds Curtis saved by not actually getting into the car, but instead grabbing on and riding on the outside.

At last, some CTU employee with a super-specialized skill set actually got to perform a "ratopsy."

The nice thing about getting into the Office of the President through succession is because you don't have to campaign, your crazy, formerly institutionalized wife isn't a big drag on your aspirations.

Lynn to Audrey (paraphrased for fanboy humor value): "I'd like you to debrief Jack's new love interest. I hope it won't be a burden."

Another mole in CTU? I may shoot myself. (At least they didn't let this one run for more than an episode.)

I can't believe the security guys at CTU actually wear red shirts.

Man, Martha Logan's aide has been having a really bad day. The First Lady has skipped out on her twice in four hours, and she's been chewed out by a staff member once already. (And you know another one's coming.)

Derek to Jack: "I thought you were just another loser trying to take advantage of my mom." Subtext: "But now I know you're a freakin' sweet super-spy trying to take advantage of my mom!"

Ooo! Scissors in the throat! Way to earn that "viewer discretion" warning!

That's all for this week. Join me next week for more scattered thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"burden"! woo-hoo!

I'm liking how Lynn is right on the fence of jerky and cool. it's well done, he's slightly more cool than jerky at the moment.

I was also about to throw something at the TV with yet ANOTHER MOLE in CTU. but since it wasn't dragged out over several episodes, was revealed as a different twist on the whole "mole" thing, and totally chumped-up Pretty Boy, I was happy with the way it turned out. Poor Buchanan having to listen to Chloe's breakdown about being used. I really wanted Jack to snap some fingers, but Pretty Boy caved in real quick.

Walt isn't covering his tracks at all. I can't believe that Evelyn didn't figure out who mugged the First Lady, um... like, right after she told "Walt" where the First Lady was hiding the transcript. she's really having a bad day.

the whole Audrey thing was great. certainly no shortage of emotionally-tortured people on this show.

the mole (not at CTU!...)

Kathy said...

The scissors made me gurl-scream!

thisismarcus said...

I liked this mole because they played him like a piano. I totally bought his explanation that he thought he was serving the white House.

Best dialogue of the hour:
Chloe: Where are you going?
Edgar: Not now.
Chloe: Since when do you say "not now"?