Thursday, January 12, 2006

But Where Is Steve Guttenberg?

I was never very good with Legos... excuse me, that's LEGOS. But I have plenty of friends who are, and were quite excited to share with me the news of the latest "Mindstorms" product, coming later this year. Apparently, the robot LEGOS are being updated with all kinds of new features that are supercool, if you're into that sort of thing.

Me, I latched onto the second picture on the right side of the page.

Rip off those legs and slap on a couple treads instead, and I swear you have the spitting image of "Number Five" from the movie Short Circuit.

"No disassemble LEGO Mindstorms!!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in other interesting Lego news:
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=8610

-the mole

Anonymous said...

The MindStorm product looks pretty cool, but I've never played with one. When the original product came out, people were hacking it to do things that Lego never intended it to do and came up with some pretty neat products. Lego was ready to sue to protect it's intellectual property and then realized that in doing so, they would be stifling the very creativity their products encourage. So instead, they amended their license to allow "hacking" and pretty much told 'em to "go to it!" Pretty cool step on their part, I think.

Anonymous said...

oh, I forgot to point out you never pluralize "Lego" into "Legos"
they prefer "Lego Bricks" and such. similar to using the "words" Kleenex and Xerox to identify tissues and copies.
:-P

-the mole

DavĂ­d said...

My university was big on Lego Mindstorms. We had a program for middle school girls to get them interested in computer science that involved Lego Mindstorms and they were also used in the undergrad robotics course.