Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's Lovely in New Hampshire

I found out about this from a co-worker a while back. (Actually... his last day at the office was yesterday, so I suppose this post is sort of a "goodbye" tribute.)

The Free State Project is a group trying to recruit 20,000 Libertarians to move en masse to New Hampshire, where they will represent such a significant portion of the population that they can stage a bloodless coup on the state government in the next major election and thus establish, essentially, a libertarian paradise in which to live.

At their current enrollment of just under 7,000, they still have a way to go.

Are you ready to answer their call?

2 comments:

Shocho said...

And they'll change the state motto to "Live Free AND Die" because they believe everything should be legal.

I am pretty fucking damned liberal, but I'm not ready to be a Libertarian or live near a large number of them. Not many things scare me, but that thought does.

Sometimes I wonder about the Pacific Northwest, in fact...

TheGirard said...

what's a liberatarian?