Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Blog Post

While I'm speaking of books...

Wouldn't it be nice to be a writer so famous, with so many fans falling ridiculously over themselves for your next novel, that you could release a book with a totally uninteresting, non-descript, crappy title and boring, virtually unillustrated cover, and still expect to make the bestseller list?

I'm looking at you, Dean Koontz, and your unfathomably dull "The Husband."

Even if you are a Dean Koontz fan, you still have to admit -- that's not even trying.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm so sorry. I used to like Koontz, but after suffering through "From The Corner of His Eye" and a couple of his other more recent books, I'll never read another one of that bastard's stories again. I've never had a book annoy and anger me with how poorly it was written and ended in my life. It's like he had a good story and just got bored with it and went "Ah, here's a good place to quit. 'And everyone went their separate ways.'"

Ask Gov. He's got a great rant about it. We've together warned and saved many from losing cash and brain cells on that piece of crap. Would you like to join our crusade? ;)

Major Rakal said...

And then there are the bloggers who can publish a blog post with a totally uninteresting, non-descript, crappy title, and still expect their fans to read it. ;-)

DrHeimlich said...

Because those bloggers know that their readers appreciate irony. ;-)

Anonymous said...

it's funny how the guy's name is in larger text than the actual title of the book. with my rather lacking knowledge of pop writers, when I saw the picure I thought KOONTZ was the name of the book!

the mole