Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Guess You Can't Always Be Wrong

Long time readers probably don’t need to be reminded that while other blogs have lengthy rules on blogging, I myself have really only two. But hey, if you’re new or need a refresher:
  1. Don’t get political very often.

  2. Don’t rely on stealing stories from Fark.com to generate my own “content.”
A special day today, then, because I’m breaking both rules.

So it turns out maybe the world really did end on Tuesday, and I just didn’t notice. Because this afternoon, I found myself agreeing with something posted on the FOXNews website.

I came to this story by way of a link from a different item posted today on Fark.com. It’s an editorial piece criticizing efforts by a few congressmen to ban internet gambling.

Okay, so this proposed law isn’t as offensive to me as some other, more recent things our elected officials have tried to push through. (But then, friends of mine have covered that subject very well.) Still, this is both wrong and a waste of time and government resources. And shockingly, I think this editorial piece from FOXNews explains exactly why.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

4 comments:

Trundling Grunt said...

Is that a new photo? Haven't seen it before.

It's always bad when you find yourself agreeing with Fox or The Daily Mail. You spend the next few days feeling dirty and it doesn't wash off.

DrHeimlich said...

If you're referring to my profile photo -- yes, it's new. I decided to "upgrade" a thing or two.

Well, new to the blog anyway. The photo itself is a couple years old.

Mkae said...

Welcome to the world of "Fair and Balanced" Dr. (Can I just begin referring to you as "The Doctor" now? )

I much prefer Fox News to CNN (the Al-Qaeda News Channel) and MSNBC ("Headliners & Legends", 22.5 hours per day..and then some news here and there)

Trundling Grunt said...

He is kidding, isn't he? Tell me he is....