Monday, June 19, 2006

If You Don't Get It, We Don't Pity You

There are tons of places on the internets to buy t-shirts. Online, you'll find t-shirts with a degree of specificity that cannot be matched in any store. But I think nowhere are the t-shirts as "inside" as those available from Television Without Pity. The likelihood that some random person on the street would "get" one of TWoP's "Now or Never" series of shirts is even smaller than the print runs of said shirts. Take their current crop:

Always Take Backup. Hey, I'm proud to say I'm a huge fan of Veronica Mars. But I'm also realistic about how many people fit into that category. I wouldn't have had to fret so much about whether there would be a season three otherwise.

Bad Wolf. If you're not quite ready to don a long, striped scarf, this would be your next best bet to have other Doctor Who fans approach you on the street. (At least they have conventions for fans of the sci-fi shows. There aren't any Veronica Mars cons where you could count on finding people to appreciate your t-shirt.)

Vaughn! This one is so inside, I wasn't even sure they were talking about Alias at first.

Who's Your Spy Daddy? I'm guessing from the font that this supposed to be Alias too? If it isn't, then I have absolutely no idea.

3 comments:

Shocho said...

Cooool. I love the Backup shit.

Anonymous said...

I understood the "Bad Wolf" right away. but just because I watched all the Dr. Who episodes on SciFi recently.

I also know the "Be Seeing You" is from an old (60's?) british show "The Prisoner"

I normally get my obscure-referrence shirts at Hot Topic.

the mole

Jason said...

Don't they have any "Thank you, George" shirts? Like, say, a million of them?