Saturday, June 10, 2006

We Will Rock You

Alright, I know the main TV season is over now, so one can't be too picky about the programs being offered this summer. But still... how far beneath the bottom of the barrel does A&E have to be scraping this coming Monday night?

Far enough to be broadcasting the Rock Paper Scissors Championship.

I fail to see how this qualifies as either "Art" or "Entertainment," which leaves me at a total loss for what it's going on their network. Then again, I'm not sure why any network would want to televise it.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

What's troubling is that I was looking through my TiVo recommendations this morning, and this program was on the second page.

1. Who is TiVoing this crap to give the TiVo people a reference for what sort of television watcher would like to see this?

2. What the frack do we share with those people to make TiVo think I'd want to not only watch it, but make sure I didn't miss it?

GiromiDe said...

I remember when A&E featured obscure European programming with nudity. How I love media consolidation.

Trundling Grunt said...

What time are they showing it?

Mkae said...

You know, if we could take the mechanics of RPS, put them on rubber wrist bands, and then...oh wait.

Nevermind.

Dammit!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I can't get any new episodes of "Profit", "Firefly", "Wonderfalls", or "The Tick" but THIS gets airplay?

Seriously, doesn't this make the spelling bee championship on ABC look like "Die Hard"?

If you're gonna have something like this on TV there should be obstacles. Like you get handcuffed and thrown in a pool if you lose. Or there are bulls chasing you around while you compete.

'Cause...damn. :P

Jason said...

Forget elimination tournaments, they should just amputate digits for each loss.

"Spiegelman's lost his fourth straight match, Bob, so he won't be able to select 'scissors' from here on out. Let's see how that affects his strategy."

Trundling Grunt said...

jason: what time are they showing that???? I'd watch it.