Friday, January 11, 2008

Wii-eavesdropping

I've always known in the back of my mind that I look pretty silly when I'm playing Wii Sports, flailing around with this widget strapped to my wrist, swatting at the air like I'm hearing voices. But I've recently had it highlighted that I probably look even more foolish than I'd possibly imagined.

The people in an apartment directly across from mine recently got a Wii. (As a matter of fact, they're in Roland Deschain's former residence.) Their television is backed right against the patio door that leads out into the open space between that building and mine. Said television isn't large enough to really block the view in through the window.

And it's not that I'm going out of my way to look. But that's pretty much what you see when you're going up or down the stairs to get to my place. And someone twitching like they're swatting away bees is going to get your attention; that's just the way it is.

So, in the last week, I've seen my anonymous neighbors playing tennis, boxing, baseball, whatever (the motions are all oh-so-familiar, and thus easily identified), and generally looking pretty damn silly.

I'm making sure my blinds are shut when I play Wii.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's in times like these that I wish for a Dr. Heimlich webcam.
:)

FKL

GiromiDe said...

Imagine how odd people will look when playing with the Wii Fit.