Monday, April 21, 2008

And So It Begins

So, I've now had my first "ah... the proud homeowner" moment. It came tonight, just after I'd come home after work and stepped inside my front door. I pulled my shoes off, and then happened to notice a real chill near my feet. What the hell?

I kneel down on the floor and look, and find there's about a quarter inch gap below the front door, with the cold night air seeping in.

Not a big deal. Nevertheless, I've now got my first home repair lined up.

Son of a bitch.

6 comments:

Sangediver said...

Ah, the first of many home projects...

Major Rakal said...

This is an example of what my mother used to refer to as "the joys of owning your own home."

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

no sympathy from the still-renting :) If I could be so fortunate to have such problems...

:-P

(good luck with the "repairs")

the mole

TMac said...

My dad described owning a home as a second full-time job. We have a townhouse so it isn't quite that bad but it is much more work than renting.

Jared said...

Doesn't it make you wonder why the previous owners didn't fix (or didn't notice) the things that drive you crazy.

DrHeimlich said...

Jared -- That it certainly does. "How can you not have done something about this thing I noticed in barely a week?"