Thursday, April 10, 2008

Move Along

The latest update in the condo saga, for those of you following it. My closing was today... there it is, done. I move in on Sunday. Which can't really get here fast enough, because I'm now at that terribly inconvenient state of packing that I'm sure many of you know well.

In the interests of being prepared, I've tried to pack as much as possible. And it's not that I've packed any essentials I've going to need in the next few days. But I've packed enough of my stuff that I don't feel like I'm actually "living" in this place anymore. None of "my stuff" is around, so it just feels alien and uncomfortable. Worst part of moving, if you ask me. Even worse than the actual moving of the stuff.

Though those who might end up helping to carry my big screen TV or my double-recliner couch might disagree on that point...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Though those who might end up helping to carry my big screen TV or my double-recliner couch might disagree on that point..."

Man, I'm so sad I happen to live thousands of miles away.
Really.

FKL

PS: And no, I'm not using that freaky-ass audio verification thing. Scary stuff, I tell you...

Anonymous said...

When all you got to keep is strong,
Move along, move along like I know you do.
And even when your hope is gone,
Move along, move along just to make it through.

Glad the closing is done! We've never had a bad one, but evidently there are two versions: smooth and catastrophic.

GiromiDe said...

You might want to repaint the white walls with eggshell white. Unforunately, it will look the same as white!

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot:
"Move Along Home!"

FKL

DrHeimlich said...

Giromide -- Ah, but first things first. I have to find a place for my Dundees and my $200 plasma screen TV!

FKL -- Allamarain!!!!