Monday, July 31, 2006

Disc-y Business

Dear "D.L. and J.K.",

Thank you for your repeated donations to my disc golf driver collection.

I realize that you aren't actually giving me free discs, but are instead losing them. If you had put a phone number or some contact info on the back of the discs instead of just your initials, I'd probably have made the effort to get in touch with you, seeing as how I've now found two of your discs on two different occasions. But as it stands, there's really not much I can do.

Well, not quite. I can offer you the following two suggestions:

1) You should consider buying discs in some color other than yellow. You don't seem to be able to find them very easily, even when they're in relatively plain sight.

2) You may want to consider skipping the sixth hole when you go to the "Demon Course" at Golden High School. You've lost two discs there now. And those are just the ones I know about.

If it's any consolation to you, though, your discs have found a new home where they're getting used.

Thanks again,
Dr. Heimlich

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO...that's great. It's nice to know you've made up for the one that got donated to the School of Mines. ;)

Shocho said...

Great letter! I'm sure if you disc golf much at all there's some karma at work there... meaning you lose a few, you gain a few.

I swear to God my word verification for this post was:

gaspyelf

I am SO making a WoW character later today in honor of that.

Anonymous said...

those discs have satellite tracking chips in them. the DL and JK are codes for the types of radiation they emit. they are made from plastic compounds of alien origin. pulled to this world from another dimension, if they ever come into contact with their conterparts from this world, reality will cease. or maybe not :)

the mole

Jason said...

That or you just got Denis Leary's and JK Rowling's discs.