Thursday, July 27, 2006

Odds and Ends

A few short tidbits to cover tonight...

Since talking about my door sparked more comments than anything I've posted in months, I figured you all might want to know that it came out just fine. It only took a day. (I have no idea how long during that day, since I wasn't home.) As "Roland Deschain" pointed out, the paint was black, black, black. So black that at night, there's just a hint of "dark portal to hell" going on. I don't think that comes through in the photo, though.

As "the mole" pointed out, The Animaniacs DVD (which I'd plugged two or three times over the past few months, even though I get no proceeds from that) did come out this Tuesday. If you didn't pick yours up already, you're probably going to have to order online, or wait for a bit. I hear they're sold out almost everywhere. I was there right after work on release day for my copy (and of the Pinky and the Brain collection), so fortunately I'm not stuck waiting for a re-stock.

Over on his blog, Shocho mentioned the pilot (and thus far, only episode) of The Amazing Screw-On Head. It ran on the Sci-Fi Channel for the first time tonight. You can watch it on their web site, or catch it on TV next week (check your local listings and stuff). I'm not sure I'm giving it Shocho's enthusiastic praise, but it sure had a neat visual style to it, and more than its share of bizarre and funny lines to quote out-of-context with all your buddies in the know. So... more good than not. If you want to see more episodes of this show produced, you should fill out the survey on the SciFi.com web site, telling them you liked what you saw.

4 comments:

GiromiDe said...

Screw-On Head is great. I'd be content if it were picked up for the basic thirteen and then ceased.

Jono said...

I wonder if Warner Brothers was unable to put on the DVDs any of the Animaniacs song-and-dance numbers because of rights restrictions. Anyone know?

DrHeimlich said...

Jono -- The box of the DVD says it's season 1 of the Animaniacs. And I assume it is in fact the complete season one, because the Pinky and the Brain box set haf different wording that made it clear (by contrast) that it was NOT a complete season of the show, but rather a random sampling of episodes.

Anonymous said...

I've been busy so I guess I'm a little late with this comment, but I sure hope that Animaniacs pulls a "Family Guy" with outrageous DVD sales generating the production of new episodes... The voice cast should be ready to go (they all did the GC video game recently) I know it's kinda just a dream at this point, but it's good to know that it 's selling very well! (I gots mine of course! :) )

the mole