Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Kobol Goes to Springfield

I'm jonesing for new Battlestar Galactica episodes even more than I am for 24 episodes these days. And I'm anticipating that with tomorrow morning's Emmy nomination announcements, despite being the best show on television right now, Galactica is going to get completely snubbed by stupid-ass voters who thumb their noses at "science fiction."

Add it all up, and I need me a Battlestar Galactica fix. This was the best I could find. (Beware, any of you who have not yet watched the last half of season two. There be spoilers in there.)

3 comments:

NDM said...

Well, to be completely honest, the Sci-Fi TV genre has never catered to the awards academy boobs who make the decisions, nor done anything to promote the "take me seriously" mentality. Considering the history of Sci-Fi as a whole, how many shows can honestly be considered award worthy throughout the years? Star Trek (TNG or Voyager)? X-Files? Buffy (I'm kidding...)? Special effects, cinematography, makeup, wardrobe, and directing maybe. But outstanding acting? Best drama? I think not...

Luckily, HBO's Deadwood has a good shot at breaking the genre barrier this year. A foul-mouthed western winning best series? It ain't recognition for the valiant new Battlestar series, but it's a start.

GiromiDe said...

If we believe that Long Tail guy, the niches will begin to take over the awards.

GiromiDe said...

Lost got 6 nods, Galatica got 3. All of Galactica's nods are technical, which is the academy's way of saying they don't want to be outed from their sci-fi nerd closet.