Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Amazing Pool

If you've watched The Amazing Race this season, then you've had to hear about how Tyler and James kicked a drug addiction at least every other week for 13 solid weeks. Still, they've been one of the more likeable teams this season. And tonight, I found them particularly likeable, because they won me some money.

I took part in a pool for The Amazing Race this season. Everyone participating bought in before the first episode aired, drawing a random number from a hat. Each of us was then assigned a team by that number, based on the order the Race teams were introduced in the first episode. (Incidentally, this was the same order they were all shown in the opening credits all season long.)

Well, I drew lucky #10, which meant my fortunes were tied to those of the ex-druggie models all season. I didn't win as much money as they did, of course. But hey, a win's a win.

Other people in our pool were not so fortunate, in more ways than one. I'm not just talking about the people who didn't win the pool -- there were people along the way really torn about the teams they'd drawn. I mean sure, you want to win the pool... but if the cost is cheering for Lyn and Karlyn or Rob and Kimberly to win? Yikes. It added an interesting aspect to watching this installment of the Race, that's for sure.

Most everyone involved in our pool seemed to enjoy it, win or lose, so I expect we'll be running it again when the "All Stars" version of The Amazing Race starts up in February.

We'll see how it works out for me next time.

1 comment:

GiromiDe said...

It was a satisfying win. My wife was pulling for Team Blonde, if only they actually had a sense of direction.

Team (Kar)Lyn seemed to get smarter once they weren't relying on the rest of the Six Pack.

Rob and Kimberly were entertaining, because I've never seen a team with so much bad car luck and Kimberly was a living cartoon. Seriously, how many "winning" tomatoes do you think Rob threw at the kids?