Friday, December 22, 2006

Tales from the Internets

Part of the fun of having a Precision Counter is reviewing the bizarre Google searches that have brought web surfers into my tiny sphere of influence.

It's also creepy at times.

Here are some of the highlights of late:

who did baltar choke? - I honestly have no idea. No, really. What episode is this talking about?

mormon subtext in Napoleon Dynamite - Wow. Suddenly, it makes so much more sense to me!

oreos past expiration date - Sorry, but my regulars have helped me conclude there's no such thing.

buca di beppo sick - Hey! Them's fightin' words!

the runelords synopsis by book - I'm not the only person who wants one.

how to pronounce heimlich - When you're choking, it doesn't matter.

mind tricks-jockey and horses - This blog isn't that eclectic, buddy.

It's not only the "weird" searches that catch my eye. In a way, I find the "normal" searches more strange. For example, how many pages of Google search results do you have to scroll through to find your way to my blog when you're looking for:

"prison break"
relationship "bill buchanan" "karen hayes"
"weird al" "taylor hicks"
amas de casas desperadas de colombia

I wonder if any of these people have become regular readers...

1 comment:

DavĂ­d said...

In case you didn't know, Napolean Dynamite was made by two BYU graduates, and since set in Idaho, probably most of the residents of the town we see in the movie are Mormon.

Things I learn living in Utah.