Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gotta Go

I'm sure this is going to come off very weird to some of you, but here it goes anyway...

I work in a multi-story office building with a few offices on each floor. The bathrooms are out in the main lobby area of each floor, so you have to leave my actual office area when you need to use it. And I swear to you, every time I go, I find this one particular co-worker already there, or just leaving.

If this was just a handful of times, I'm sure I would never taken any notice of it. I mean, guys, you know how it is with the public restrooms -- cone of silence, severe and stern, and all that, even in a semi-private public restroom. But day in, day out, any hour of the day, for weeks on end, this guy is always there.

So, are we on some kind of creepy synchronized bladder cycle, or is this guy going so often that it's just inevitable I'd run into him all the time?

A better question still would be, why am I devoting any brain time to this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds like the plot of a Seinfeld episode. I think you are supposed to set up an elaborate trap to figure out "what is the deal with this guy?"

we have noticed people at work (in the past, not recently) who had so much free time, they were always in the cafeteria, so it seemed like they were always there no matter what time you went. of course those people are no longer working here. maybe this guy is attempting to fill his time by walking to and from the bathroom?

the mole

Anonymous said...

"creepy synchronized bladder cycle"

Damn. That's a horror movie right there.

FKL

Jason said...

I had the same thing with another guy at my office. The problem is, he's probably thinking the exact same thing you are.