Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Way to Start the Day

Past Me made a tiny little decision about six months ago that caught up to Present (then Future) Me today. I decided to schedule a dentist appointment at 7:00 in the morning.

First of all, I'm fairly certain I haven't woken up for anything that early in years. Maybe an airplane flight. I know the world is full of "morning people." I'm not one of them. 7:00 (earlier, when you consider setting the alarm and the morning routine) is damn early to me. But I think Past Me got conned by the hygienist last dentist appointment, who sweetly pointed out that a morning appointment wouldn't interfere with work, and is just convenient. Right?

Present Me didn't think so when the sun hadn't come up yet this morning, yet I'm heading off to go get my teeth scraped.

Secondly, I've moved since the last time I went to the dentist. I of course remembered too well my "sextupal dentectomy" from last year, so I knew my regular checkup was coming vaguely any time now. But I hadn't noted the day anywhere. And I hadn't received a reminder card in the mail.

But I did get a phone call yesterday afternoon at about 4:00-ish. "We're looking forward to seeing you at 7:00 in the morning tomorrow!" said the perky voice. So this was effectively short notice gum poking and teeth scraping. Extra fun.

The only upside was that the whole rest of my day could scarcely be anything but better after getting started that way.

No comments: