Thursday, December 22, 2005

Festive Films

Tonight I upheld a small but longstanding Christmas tradition I have -- I watched the movie Scrooged. Some people never tire of watching It's a Wonderful Life, or some particular version of A Christmas Carol, or what not. But for me, it's Bill Murray that can ring in the holiday like no one else.

Of course, I have some more meaningful, family-oriented traditions I'll be honoring in the next couple days. But now that I've watched Scrooged, I feel like 'tis truly "the season."

6 comments:

TheGirard said...

I have never seen It's a Wonderful Life....however, I have seen A Christmas Story many, many times.

GiromiDe said...

Would you please stop the goddamn hammering?

TMac said...

Our Christmas movie of choice is Die Hard. Every year we make sure to watch that one around Christmas.

Jason said...

My Christmas movie is that animated Anastasia movie from a few years back. I saw it in a theater Christmas Day 1997, so it always reminds me of Christmas.

Trundling Grunt said...

Christmas Vacation does that for us - last night we all sat in for it. Even though we know all the words, it still works.

DavĂ­d said...

My family used to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every year. Lately, we have switched to The Ref (a very underappreciated movie with Denis Leary and Kevin Spacey).