Saturday, December 31, 2005

Out With the Old

Here we are, the end of the year. Almost time to put 2005 in the history books. And I think I'll be very glad to do so.

A lot of people I know had their lives totally turned around this year. Fortunately, it seems like almost all of them have put things right back on track, many happier and better off than they were before. But sometimes, even when a change is for the better, change is still hard.

So here's hoping for more of the happy and less of the turmoil in 2006.

And before this post degenerates into a completely maudlin retrospective, I'll sign off by pointing you to the only truly funny sketch that has run on Saturday Night Live so far this entire season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those Chris Parnell raps are usually pretty good. I haven't been able to catch much SNL this season, have they done any more Zinger skits?

-the mole

Mkae said...

I have watched very little SNL this year as last year was just painful. However, the episode with Alec Baldwin was, as usual, pretty damn funny most of the way through.

DrHeimlich said...

I basically start watching an episode, and if it hasn't grabbed me by the sketch after the monologue, I skip to Weekend Update, watch that, and then quit. (Consequently, I actually missed this rap when it first ran -- I only heard about it later.)

Mole... I haven't seen any Zinger bits, but if they were buried deep in a bad show, I would have skipped them without knowing it.