Monday, January 22, 2007

10:00AM - 11:00 AM

They're moving the President down to the bunker. I hope they got their money's worth out of the expensive old Oval Office set before moving down into the expensive new White House bunker set.

Every field team was too near the nuke and was killed? Damn, that sucks!

Karen's cell phone plan is as good as Jack Bauer's. She gets reception even down in the presumably lead-lined presidential bunker.

Chloe wonders why people she knows keep dying. Because she's on 24, not King of Queens.

Someday, when I own a house, I'm totally installing a helicopter sticking out of the roof. Cause it just looks totally sweet.

How many thousands of feet did that chopper fall out of the sky, yet crash relatively intact... yet when it drops like four feet down to the yard, it explodes?

Jack wants Bill to send someone to pick him up. On another type of show, that could have been a much funnier conversation. "Actually, I'm on a roof, so send a chopper." "Where do we send it?" "Look for the chopper on the corner." "If there's a chopper near you, why don't you just use that one?"

Daddy Bauer?! This is an interesting twist.

Sandra's worried about Walid: "How will you be putting a wire on him?" Tape, I'd imagine.

Don't worry? The agent's not going to hurt him? Try that explanation next time you haul off and deck someone.

Jack's brother? Bauers are popping up more than Palmers this seas-- holy crap! It's Evil Bald Mastermind from season five? I see the writers are trying to make me retroactively care about that go-nowhere plot from last year. And dammit, it just might work!

Though I do have to say, seeing them side by side on the split screen, Graham and Jack don't look anything like brothers. Maybe that somehow has something to do with why Graham was so pissed off he sold his brother out to the Chinese?

Call me crazy, but I see the blond-haired woman in the business suit that the "terrorist contractor" is stopping to pick up, and for like one-third of a second, I swear I thought it was Kim Bauer. Yikes.

Looks like "Dr. Julian" Assad is being shipped out of the plot after just four episodes. I suppose his four hours of 24 ended a hell of a lot better than this season's first four hours did for Ray... or Ahmed... or Curtis...

All these awkward glances between Jack and Marilyn and Josh... and the fact that Josh is at least six inches taller than Graham and has much thicker hair... I'm sensing Josh isn't Jack's nephew.

Jack's going to town on his brother. And Jack doesn't even know about the China thing yet. Maybe as children, Graham sat on his face and farted a lot or something, because there's clearly some pent-up rage here.

Would you like paper? Or PLASTIC?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I totally thought it was Kim, too. That would have been at least one Bauer too many this season, though.

FKL

Anonymous said...

I thought the family involvement was a bit corny at first, but if Jack is so good at the things he does, it makes sense the rest of his family is just as clever and determined. um, like only in an evil way... (the hollywoodish exploding helicopter was pretty sketchy, too)

yeah I kinda got the same feeling about the "nephew", hehe.

and I gotta say it feels good having a torture scene in almost every episode this season :) last year they didn't have much of that at all...

the mole